Monday, August 11, 2014

Quick note

Desperate times call for desperate measures. It would seem that there is not much levity around at the moment, so excuse Junior (gratuitous cat pic to the right).

There are some concerning issues in the news currently and it is hard to blog about upbeat topics when there are such dreadful events suddenly springing up around the globe - ebola outbreaks, war, civil unrest, religious persecution, etc., etc.

It's a gloomy period, for sure. And, I note, that there are many of my readers at present, who are logging in from these very troubled places.

If that's you - I hope that today's post finds you & yours safe and well, and that these troubling times will soon be over.

I'm pulling together a post about education and equality and plan to have that ready over the next two or three days.

I have had a few setbacks over the last couple of months & subsequent delays in posting, with some very persistent persons (I was considering a slightly different 'P' word there) - apparently - endeavouring to delete photos that they no longer want to potentially be in the public domain.

I am speculating about this because the reporting from that very specific period relates to racism-oriented human rights matters - I can only assume which issues were at play and who was behind the hacking & deleting of two folders of photographs from a very narrow window of time. Those of you who read my twitter feed will have read about this some weeks ago. If you want to pick up my daily tweets, you can follow The Daily Magnet @magnetticism

Back up and running, now, anyway. Hooray!

Thanks to those of you who have helped re-build and replace the damaged data and equipment, and to all you readers from all over the world who have hung in there and just keep on visiting and patiently re-reading the archives - new post very soon. Take care.
x Mags.